Assalamu Alaikum wa Ramatullah!

I am/was a traditionalist Roman Catholic, but I have recently been diving head first into islam. It was quite strange, but last week I just woke up one day and had an extreme urge to read the Qur'an and to learn about tawheed, combined with the realization that I had never properly examined the doctrine of the incarnation, and that it seemed to be a logical contradiction. After discovering how beautiful a book the Holy Qur'an was, I decided to start praying salah and continue learning about Islam and addressing my remaining concerns (mostly historical). The aforementioned concerns have been almost entirely dealt with, and I am nearly ready to take shahada, but there are a few things I'd like clarity on first so I know fully what I'm getting into.

1) I am currently married to a christian wife (half catholic half baptist... she doesn't really do dogma, or taking her faith seriously at all), who is in here third trimester of pregnancy. How does it work when a man converts while married, especially with a pregnant wife? Couldn't find anything online except for women.

2) The prohibition on images. I know that the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said that makers of images would be especially punished in the hellfire. After a lot of reading I'm still very unsure just how prohibited images are. Is it true that we are never allowed to have or make a picture of any living thing, or is the prohibition just related to making them, or is it only related to pictures that would lead to shirk, etc.

3) Likewise, my wife has tons of family pictures, watches tv, reads manga, draws occasionally, etc. If all images of living things are haram then how is it possible for me to live with her? She won't be willing to get rid of it I know.

4) Also, how should I dispose of all my christian imagery/icons/statuary? Am I allowed to give them to someone as a gift or should I just destroy them so as not to enable shirk? Likewise am I allowed to turn my rosaries into islamic prayer beads? What am I to do with my bibles?

5) Riba. This one is less of an issue as I was already avoiding all interest just in case I committed the mortal sin of usury (the church has been...notoriously poor on being clear what is and isn't usury), so it's less of an issue, but is all interest haram, period?

6) Eating Halal. I live in Alabama. The closest grocery stores that sell halal meat are 30 minutes or so away. The only restaurant with halal meat in my town is an american deli. Is this a legitimate reason to eat non-halal but also non-haram meat or should I go vegetarian when I eat out with relatives and when I cant get to the halal grocers?

7) Speaking of eating, am I allowed to eat with kafirs? Like my family? I know there are some rules about eating with non-muslims but I couldn't figure out clearly what they were.

8) When my son is born will he have to be circumcised? I had pushed for partial circumcision up til now, but am I obligated to go all the way?

That should cover it. Thank all of you for your help in advance, and may Allah swt the Most Merciful and Gracious grant you all peace!

submitted by /u/Boethios
[link] [comments]

from Islam https://ift.tt/2HXS2Yk
Share To:

Unknown

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours