Assalaam walikum guys

This is something that has been bothering me and I need advice brothers and sisters I made an account just for this. Sorry for the long post.

I come from an extremely strict family and I have never ever talked to a guy in real life , neither have I unnecessarily looked at one.

I have always lowered my gaze because that’s what my parents taught me and I follow hijab -like I wear an abaya and a hijab.

Things had been a bit hard for me for some time and I had become extremely lonely. I do not use Reddit except for following the productivity and discipline subReddits . Even then,I do not use this app at all and just avoid using my phone.

Recently a person DMed me and initially I thought it was a girl but it turned out to be a Muslim guy who was also lonely so we talked for some time and I got extremely attached and obsessive. We just talked for a few days but for three hours at a time.

I do not know what has gotten into me but I became extremely infatuated , maybe because of my loneliness and I would think of this person all the time.

Throughout all this I have been full of so much guilt it’s been eating me up on the inside.

There has been a Voice in the back of my head telling me that - why did I turn to a guy and not to Allah in this time of loneliness?!

The guy and I never talked haraam inappropriate stuff and it was just talking. We talked for less than a week and I realised I am obsessed and had become too emotionally dependent on him.

I had never ever talked to a guy beside my brothers and it was the first time.

I stopped talking to him ., But I am tempted to text him and I’m afraid that in a moment of weakness, I might reach out again.

I just want to know that is it haraam to unnecessarily chat online wit a person of the opposite gender if there is absolutely no possibility of haram?

I will most probably not talk to him again .. And I think it was the right thing to do.. But I am just so confused and a small part of me is tempted to text him because nothing haraam happened and there is a 0% probability of it. I don’t understand what to do.

This thing has been disturbing me so much that I couldn’t sleep at night. Any kind of advice would be welcome.

submitted by /u/anonymous134127
[link] [comments]

from Islam https://ift.tt/pujBe7K
Share To:

Unknown

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours