Assalamualaikum warahmatulahi wabarakatu.

For context, I am a 16 year old Pakistani Muslim brother living in the suburbs of Dallas, Texas. I'm currently sick and staying home today instead of going to school, but allhamduillah I received some great news today. I have a friend whom I've met online in some other online community. (It rhymes with... discord). He's 22 years old, a Mexican guy living in the Houston area. He grew up in a Christian household but was agnostic for a few years, before last year becoming religious again, at which point he was drawn to Islam. He credits myself partially for this, though I probably didn't play that big of a role, but mashallah he took his shahada at the Masjid today. So the question is, where should he go from here? What role should I play? What should I say, teach him, advise him, or be hands off? Just trying to do best for my brothers.

And if I can extract a little nugget of wisdom: Much of what drew him to the truth was simply the passive kindness, considerateness, thoughtfulness of other Muslims he spoke to on the internet (that he's told me of) and of the people he met at the Masjid. So if there's one thing I learn from the factors that drew him towards Islam, it's this: Dawah in this world is not drafting a PhD dissertation-length refutation of another religion's theology. Dawah in the world we live in is exemplifying and embodying the traits and quality that our Prophet Muhammad PBUH taught us, and that the Holy Quran decreed for us. Be good, stay firm, and inshallah, those with open minds and pure hearts will follow. I credit not myself, nor the other people he found, but Allah alone for guiding us all to the straight path. Allhamduillah.

Back to the initial question, any general input, or specific advice? Thank you, and Allah knows best.

submitted by /u/deliriousbozo
[link] [comments]

from Islam https://ift.tt/WlvjXya
Share To:

Unknown

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours