Hello,

I am new to Islam, and learning more and more slowly and I’ve come across something in my studies that concerns me deeply. And forgive me if my vocabulary is bad, I’m learning everything in English because I’m bad with other languages.

So this thing with adoption. If you are adopted as a baby and your adoptive mother breast feeds you, you become her child, and by association, her husband is now your father.

Here’s the issue. I was adopted when I was two weeks old by an older couple. My mother was too old to produce milk, and therefor I wasn’t breastfed. In fact I was never once breastfed by anyone. I was ONLY every given formula. Not even someone else’s breast milk in a bottle. I’m motherless and milk-motherless So because my mother never breastfed me, does that mean my father of 26 years isn’t actually my father? Do I have to wear a hijab around him? I find this troubling, I can’t stop thinking about it. I don’t want to be made into a parent less child in my religion. I don’t want him to not be my father, and I don’t want to cover in front of him like he didn’t raise me.

submitted by /u/warahashi
[link] [comments]

from Islam https://ift.tt/3FYE80k
Share To:

Unknown

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours