Firstly - please delete if inappropriate

I'm looking for information regarding something that happened to me 8 years ago (and to others which I found out after I experienced this)

Basically what are Jinn? Does this sound like one? I was raised Christian and all I can think is this was a demon or a ghost.

I'll start off by saying, this is true as far as I can comprehend, I have nothing to gain by telling tall tales on Reddit.

It happened 8 years ago when I was a second year university student. Living in Stoke.

This story is mainly about the culmination of creepy goings on in this house. The typical out of place noises at night that are more than the sounds of an old house settling... They have a rhythm one soon recognises.

When I was a student I stayed in an old victorian terraced house. It was creepy but cannot explain my total fear of this place. I grew up in a very old house so it's not like it was the age of the house, that's not a problem for me. I like old houses.

I am not the only person who was afraid in this house, all my other housemates were too. A couple even more than me.

My course (a healthcare course) finished for summer holidays later than all my housemates which meant I lived alone for a month whilst I finished placement. Its in these times that I was terrified rather than scared.

I felt a constant heavy and oppressive feeling like I was being watched by something that did not like me, or anything else for that matter. When I was alone in the house this feeling was magnified.

I was so scared that I had to sleep with lights on with my back to a wall and bedroom door locked with a chair in front as a makeshift barricade. (I'm the type who can happily walk alone through a dark woods and feel at peace and I love having a house all to myself)

On the final day before I moved out I had to make sure all the windows were locked, all the lights were off etc before locking up and posting the keys back through the post box for the landlord to collect.

During this final day, I was more scared than I have ever been in my entire life (illogically so). I had to go around the house methodically so that I would never be left in darkness and that I'd always be in a lit area. My skin crawled and the reptile part of my brain urged me to leave everything and get out of that house ASAP. It also told me that whatever I did, don't get caught in darkness. To this day I cannot understand the feeling or sense I had but I was certain I was in danger. More than physical danger.

I got to the final light switch at the bottom of the stairs, turned it off and ran for the front door which I had left open. Throughout all of I was certain that something was in the darkness - creeping closer every time I turned a light off.

As I turned for one last look, the stairwell became darker. Like a creeping shadow mist of the darkest night. It slowly spread down the stairway and into the hallway towards me.

I almost fell out of the front door in my haste to get into the sunlight and - ashamed as I am to say it- I actually whimpered as I slammed the door shut, posted the keys through the letter box and walked down the street towards where my car was parked. I was shaking. I actually wanted to cry and I very rarely cry.

I've never been back because I made sure I lived in a different house the year after. I'd never go back. I wouldn't stay there again if you payed me.

The year after I spoke to some lads that lived in the same house the year before me and the first thing they asked me when we realised was - "Did you think it was haunted? Were you scared living there?"

What could this have been? I'm not usually a superstitious sort and consider myself a sceptic - looking for the rational answer in everything - but this is an experience I have never been able to shake and has made me much more open minded to the paranormal and supernatural and God.

The pure terror I felt was indescribable. I have since had a near death experience and I was not as afraid.

submitted by /u/Lupercal111
[link] [comments]

from Islam https://ift.tt/3DVU56p
Share To:

Unknown

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours