Ramadan Mubarak! I hope everyone has been doing well this Ramadan.
So, I come to this subreddit with a question - I am currently 19 years old, and I am still living with my parents. We are all Muslim, but my family is not super religious. I have been trying to get more religious this year, and I really wanted to fast this year. However, my mom does not want me to fast mainly because I have gotten headaches after not eating for a long time when I was a child, and because I have exams right now.
Now, I read online that if one's parents do not wish for us to fast, we must find a way to convince them to let us fast. I have tried, but she really is against it, and she even feels really guilty when I do fast up to the point where she does not eat until I do. This is where my concern comes in - my mom also has health issues, and if she does not eat, it is not good for her, and I can't let her health be impacted. I have also read that it is a sin to do anything that could harm our parents. So I am really confused on what I should do, and appreciate any answers.
[link] [comments]
from Islam https://ift.tt/2Qvbaks
Post A Comment:
0 comments so far,add yours