Okay guys. So this little post I want to start with a back story. I’m Egyptian, and moved to Canada a while ago. While I’m definitely not the most religious person out there, I noticed something today that made me want to take action towards everyone who is.

So a few years back when we just landed in Canada, we were hanging out in ikea with a friend of my mom’s. She’s the first person that we met here and she definitely has lived here for a long, long time. She, along with fam, are moderately Muslim. Not extreme in their practice, but definitely no alcohol, prays 5 times a day, and this, no pork.

We go ahead and have a very nice lunch at ikea. We get the staple The Swedish Meatballtm. Now, my mother is a hijabi. My mother’s friend is a hijabi. And today, lo and behold I find out that Ikea’s meat balls contain pork. No one let us know. Not on the first time visiting, not on the 10th, not on the 50th along the years. No where on the signs. Not publicly known what so ever.

Here’s to hoping that someone cares enough to do what they can if they care. Because this is the most I can do given my religious leaning.

Thank you for taking the time to read this. But here’s a TLDR if you didn’t bother

TLDR; Me and Muslim family visit ikea in Canada, with hijabi women present. Get Swedish meatballs on more than one occasion. No one ever lets us know that they contain pork. Nowhere is it explicitly stated that they are not Halal friendly, or at least contain a component that would render it Haram for most Muslims.

submitted by /u/zezosk
[link] [comments]

from Islam https://ift.tt/2Vjd8Dm
Share To:

Unknown

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours