Salam,

I'm 22(M) and going through a tough time in my life my parents are amazing people but like any other human being they have flaws too, I used to be too much of an obedient child but as I keep learning about Islam more and more I realize not everything my parents said was right and I didn't have to do everything they said (you can be respectful without obeying everything they say) and they realized this too, that I am becoming more and more aware

Sadly when nothing else works they use the old emotional blackmail tactic such as I gave birth to you, I worked hard for you, I bought this/that for you etc. I was sick of this so a few years ago I started to decline everything they'd do for me or buy for me just to escape this emotional abuse like I'm obliged to do everything they said just because they buy something for me.

Now the problem is.... I used to be fond of video games in my teen years and I wanted to purchase a powerful enough pc but I couldn't afford it obviously so as years passed I kind of gave up and eventually grew out of it, I don't even like video games anymore but my father recently told me he wants to buy me one even though I keep saying there is no need and that I am happy the way I am, I thought that was the end of it but then he said "Even if you don't do as we say we'll keep doing this" I still told him there is no need to do that but he just doesn't listen I'm sure once he buys it for me the same emotional abuse will continue again (Please keep in mind I could have bought it myself if I wanted to) I just don't know how to approach this situation without hurting my dad I want to let him know I'm suffering from mental disorders because of the way they treat me I can't function normally

Can anyone suggest me how to deal with this situation? Even if you can't help and came this far I thank you sincerely, May Allah reward you for helping a fellow Muslim in need

submitted by /u/ammar6211
[link] [comments]

from Islam https://ift.tt/2JmSXBU
Share To:

Unknown

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours