Christian here, I have a few questions about what it means for a Muslim to fear Allah. The Christian Bible does talk about fearing God but from what I’ve seen so far about Islam’s interpretation (from google) it seems to be a bit different. I wanted to ask here for clarification as I know there are a lot of websites out their spreading misconceptions about my faith so I imagine it may be the same for Islam when it comes to certain topics.

You don’t have to answer all of these if you don’t want to lol, you can just choose one or a few. Thank you!

  • What does it mean to fear Allah, in general?

  • Should reading the Quran result in a feeling of fear?

  • Should a Muslim feel confident in their eternal destination or always fear they’ll face Allah’s judgement?

  • When you sin, should you be scared? How scared?

  • Should your main motivator for doing good be out of fear of Allah’s judgement?

  • Should repentance alleviate (at least some) fear of Allah’s judgement?

submitted by /u/doubleccorn
[link] [comments]

from Islam https://ift.tt/39rNVz6
Share To:

Unknown

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours