Assalamoalikum brothers and sisters.

so I’ve noticed how a lot of people (my family members, the imams, other brother/sisters) occasionally cry during prayer or dua or recitation. I personally have only done so once and it was because I was young and saw my dad crying.

I think in most cases it happens when you regret your sins.

I don’t get it tho, isn’t Islam suppose to be a light of hope rather than a means of regret, self-hate and self-pity? Islam should improve our moods rather than making them go downhill. Islam hasn’t made me cry or worry, it’s always made me hopeful for a better tomorrow.

What are your thoughts on this?

Also disclaimer: I’m not judging anyone, I just find it odd.

submitted by /u/TheDarkIsMyLight
[link] [comments]

from Islam https://ift.tt/37lMLCC
Share To:

Unknown

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours