Disclaimer: I am not Muslim nor Christian, I just want a future where everybody can respect eachother's beliefs and can speak freely without fearing any kind of violenece or discrimination. I am from Spain, an European country that has a rich muslim past.

Having said that, I am very concerned with recent events in France. I am aware of the islamophobia among some white Europeans, and I try to fight that as most Europeans do. I have read a lot about European islamophobia as a generalized thig, but that is not true, Europe is the home of thousands of muslims and increasing (actually, Islam is the only growing religion in Europe). If Europeans were islamophobic in general, there wouldn't be as many muslims as there are, and their population woulnd't be growing at a faster pace than the non-muslim population. Even though, I am aware that islamophobia exists and that's why I try to fight it.

But it is also true that, even though most muslims are just normal pacific people, there are some that aren't, and the implications are worse than many of you might think.

We consider Europeans as sons, and inmigrants as friends, if your son is a terrible person you have to deal with it, punish him or fix it, but if your friend becomes a terrible person you just cut relations with him, you don't feel any obligation to deal with that problem, you feel betrayed because you opened your house's doors to your friend and then he did something terrible inside, so your first reaction is to kick him out. I am just trying to portrait how the European's logic work, not want to start a debate about inmigration.

I know this might make feel some muslims that Europe is becoming islamophobic, but the reallity is that Europe is facing a problem that shouldn't exist, no European would ever kill somebody for mocking about someone, no matter how important that person is, so we don't undetstand how this can be happening and how it should be solved.

So I though, if me and so many other Europeans are fighting islamophobia (as well as any other type of discrimination like racism, homophobia, mysoginia, etc), what is the muslim community doing to fight radicalism? I think the muslim community is the only one capable of dealing with this problem in an effective way, as I said, Europeans don't feel that radicalism is their responsibility and I am afraid that if the solution has to come from Europe, it will be just to cut relations with the muslim community. If Europe sees that muslim community takes responsibility and make progress against radicalization, then Europeans will see muslims as allies against radicalization instead of as a Troyan horse of the fundamentalism against freedom.

Thank you for reading.

submitted by /u/Cirueloman
[link] [comments]

from Islam https://ift.tt/35e5bUI
Share To:

Unknown

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours