So, after doing some research I have hit a brick wall where I'm not quite sure what 65:4 means, here is the original verse:

"And those who no longer expect menstruation among your women - if you doubt, then their period is three months, and [also for] those who have not menstruated. And for those who are pregnant, their term is until they give birth. And whoever fears Allah - He will make for him of his matter ease."

So this one is interesting because I have found different viewpoints about it in various tafsirs: https://quranx.com/Tafsirs/65.4

Here, we can see that a consensus that "and those who have not menustrated" implies that they are talking about girls who have not yet menustrated, i.e prepubescent girls. The problem that I see is that the Qu'ran verse doesn't really imply that the women are pre-pubescent girls, rather it seems to talk about women who just haven't menstruated. If it really were pre-pubescent girls then it would have said something along the lines of "women who have not reached maturity".

However, most of the tafsirs here say that it's either women who haven't menstruated (as in, mature women who just haven't had their period), or it's women who are young.

The more confusing one is Maududis tafsir, which says that consummation is allowed when the girl isn't mature. However, nowhere in the verse does it even say consummation, or anything similar to that.

This explanation implies that it is talking about young women who are mature but just haven't menstruated.

Can someone explain this to me? I think I get the idea but I need some more sources which explain this. Additionally, I have seen internet scholars (cough islamqa) state that it is indeed talking about prepubescent girls, and almost comedically they all state Aisha as an example. On the other hand, I have seen people on the same site say the opposite. I'm very damn confused.

submitted by /u/vinylmaster2000
[link] [comments]

from Islam https://ift.tt/3hXZY8s
Share To:

Unknown

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours