One of my favorite recitations

Asides from the absolutely beautiful rhyming scheme and flow of the surah, these are my favourite verses:

He said, "My Lord, how will I have a boy when my wife has been barren and I have reached extreme old age?" [An angel] said, "Thus [it will be]; your Lord says, 'It is easy for Me, for I created you before, while you were nothing.' " [Verses 8-9]

.

And the pains of childbirth drove her to the trunk of a palm tree. She said, "Oh, I wish I had died before this and was in oblivion, forgotten." But he called her from below her, "Do not grieve; your Lord has provided beneath you a stream. And shake toward you the trunk of the palm tree; it will drop upon you ripe, fresh dates. [...] " [Verses 23-25]

This verse really shows the humanity in our predecessors, imagine being Maryam a young woman with no support around from anyone and having to go through child birth all alone. Her fear and pain is reflected in the words she spoke, despite the fact that she just spoke to an angel and witnessed a miracle in herself. SubhanAllah it really reflects her humanity.

That is Jesus, the son of Mary - the word of truth about which they are in dispute. It is not [befitting] for Allah to take a son; exalted is He! When He decrees an affair, He only says to it, "Be," and it is. [Jesus said], "And indeed, Allah is my Lord and your Lord, so worship Him. That is a straight path." [Verses 34-36]

The phrasing of these verses is just SO powerful. The shift in tone from the story of Maryam to the declaration of Allah of his power and might.. gosh I don't even have words to describe the feeling it insights in me.

And man says, "When I have died, am I going to be brought forth alive?" Does man not remember that We created him before, while he was nothing? [Verses 66-67]

The repetition of the word insaan in these two verses, again such a powerful effect.

There is no one in the heavens and earth but that he comes to the Most Merciful as a servant. He has enumerated them and counted them a [full] counting. And all of them are coming to Him on the Day of Resurrection alone. [Verses 93-95]

Just felt like sharing!

submitted by /u/Minimum_Zucchini
[link] [comments]

from Islam https://ift.tt/3eFM3m8
Share To:

Unknown

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours