I'm the type of person who gives 200% at work, Quite literally from the first moment I come to work till the last minute I'm doing something, barely rest, I am passionate about my work but I also believe that the money I'm getting from my work has to be 100% justifiable.

But lately that attitude is slowly burning me out.

I came to another company and the work culture is different, they don't have expectations as long as you finish your duties, and they provide plenty of overtime, I'm starting Masters Degree today, so sometimes between work "bursts" I try to study a little bit and catch up on some stuff that benefit me (and as a consequence, my work, since my studies are related).

The question is, I do lots of overtime on this job, And I feel that when I study or relax a little bit at work, then do overtime to work more, then It's almost as If I'm wasting time in order to do overtime for my own benefit.

Not to brag but what takes most people days or hours to do I can do in mere hours or minutes because of my technical knowledge (macros, automations, programming skills), so I'm pretty efficient.

There's no clear definition on what constitutes a daily checklist here that if you do then "you've satisfied your duties"

Is the overtime money I'm getting haram? Is being too efficient, finishing duties fast and then relaxing at work not permissible?

I tried to google it but I'm lost on the keywords.

Thank you!

submitted by /u/Bewinxed
[link] [comments]

from Islam https://ift.tt/31z6Bsv
Share To:

Unknown

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours