Firstly, I don't advocate hate against any group/subreddit, so I would ask others to refrain from passing hateful comments.

From what I've seen, it's honestly just sad going through most of the posts there. You come to realize the vast majority of them are products of failed parenting which reflects a narrow interpretation of Islam. And I'm not defending them astaghfirullah, but I'm just saying that Islamic parenting needs to evolve with the times. You can't enforce hijab on your daughter without talking about the virtues of modesty. You can't force your kids to pray salah and use hellfire alone as a deterrent, without having a conversation about the fundamentals of Islam. The masjid needs to play a more active, in fact interactive role in Western Muslim societies. Counseling, one on ones, should really be pushed. Children should also get an outlet to talk about any abuse they're subjected to at home.

Now I understand a lot of the parents mentioned in their rants are first generation immigrants and they have no idea how to parent in a Western context. That obviously has immense challenges. But I'm in no way defending parents who resort to abuse at all. I believe such people are vile, and have failed as parents.

Most of the arguments over there are based on emotion rather than intellectual/rational investigation, and that's the saddest part of it. It's obvious they've left Islam and then simply just latched on to the standard arguments thrown against Islam by non-Muslims. Trauma, failed parenting, inability to abide by Islamic rulings and all these emotional reasons surely can't be enough to justify disbelief in the fundamental tenets of Islam.

Also interesting to see there is the sheer hatred those folks have towards anything remotely associated to Islam. The verbal abuses hurled towards Allah, his beloved Messenger, his noble book, etc. It's mind boggling. You almost wonder if they do actually believe deep within themselves that Allah does exist, and his messenger was indeed sent with the Qur'an. If you don't believe an entity exists why would you exhaust yourself with so much hate towards that figure. If you've decided to leave the folds of Islam, why spend so much effort ridiculing something you don't even believe in. It's almost as if they're still battling within themselves. To justify and validate what they've done. Why else start a whole community to remind you of what you don't want to be a part of?

Again no hate towards anyone. I'm a firm believer in live and let live, we must all just show kindness to everyone indiscriminately. Especially that sub. You notice how depressed most people are, and how unfulfilled they feel despite making the move to quit.

Finally, if there's one thing browsing through r/exmuslim has made me do it's pray harder and more sincerely. I've read posts of people who were more practicing than I was, and even performed the Hajj and Umrah. It honestly made me realise what a blessing Iman is, and how we need to hold on to it.

Allah says:

"And if you turn away, He will replace you with another people; then they will not be the likes of you." (47:38)

Pondering over this verse brings tears to my eyes, and makes me beg Allah to never let me lose faith. I have full need of Him, and He has zero need of me or my worship.

submitted by /u/weirdprodigy
[link] [comments]

from Islam https://ift.tt/2GyYnpf
Share To:

Unknown

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours