Assalamualaykum,

In short, I was a born muslim, female, who didn’t really know much of the deen. I read the arabic Quran when I was a kid, fasted in the month of Ramadan, ate halal, and stayed away from all major sins. My parents also were not completely strict about prayers, and they just told us that we should pray. If I recall correctly, my mindset was one that we need to be good human beings, and if we pray salah, then even better. At that time I only used to pray jumah, at home, since I grew up in the subcontinent, where there was just no place for females in the mosques. I would pray in Ramadan, but thats it.

When I was in my mid-20s, alhamdulillah, Allah guided me back to the religion where it felt like my eyes had been opened and I was constantly thirsty for more knowledge and ways to better myself. In 2008, I started praying all 5 prayers regularly. Fajr was a big challenge, but I persevered. I felt so guilty not practicing properly all those years that I made a promise to Allah that I would make up all my missed prayers. I calculated around 10 years prayers I’d missed since I was held accountable. It seemed impossible, but I heard one day on a religious program my mom was watching that one could do one Qadha fardh with each prayer. And so thats what i did.

I prayed to Allah to keep me alive for the next ten years so I could finish my promise to completion. I came across some views that once a prayer is missed, you can’t make it up, but still I made Allah a request that if this isn’t being accepted as a missed prayer, please accept it as voluntary prayers instead.

So fast forward ten years. This has been the single most dedication I have shown to anything. Through everything in life, all the ups and downs, I have able to be constant in this one endeavour. Only by Allah’s help. The me now, and from ten years ago are unrecognizable. I have gained so much knowledge simce then. Stopped all needless distractions, bidah and shirk from my life, listened to lectures, did online courses, and collected a large islamic book library. I started wearing hijab in 2009, went on hajj in 2011 with my parents and just overall turned over a new leaf.

I’m sorry if this came across as haphazard. But I’m nervous as I don’t feel comfortable revealing this. I just hope to show that if I can do this, anyone can. Those who have missed prayers, they seem like a huge insurmountable mountain, but if its tackled one prayer at a time, and you just form it into a habit without waiting for the finish line, it is doable.

submitted by /u/Basketweave82
[link] [comments]

from Islam http://bit.ly/2F0EqrZ
Share To:

Unknown

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours