So something I've been thinking about recently is the importance of community in Islam.
Ultimately, Islam is about our individual relationship with our Creator. Each of us will stand before God alone, accountable for our own choices. But one of those choices will be how we carry ourselves in relation to the people around us right. Our environment and our community are a part of our test.
For example, why is a public shahadah important if imaan is ultimately a matter of the heart right? Because becoming Muslim doesn't just affect you. It means other Muslims now have rights and responsibilities towards you, and you towards them.
Also, why is a public marriage important? Because a marriage doesn't only unite two individuals. It affects families, social responsibilities, and the wider community.
Something else I've noticed is the number of people who ask, "My imaan feels weak, what should I do?" (Though quite often these posts get deleted pretty quick) More often than not, one of the biggest factors is the company we keep. We are social creatures. Surrounding ourselves with people of good character, good adab, and sincere faith can really influence our own hearts. And Shaytan knows that isolation makes us more vulnerable.
So perhaps it's worth asking ourselves “What kind of community am I choosing to surround myself with?” That choice itself is an act of our free will, and I wouldn't be surprised if it’s one of the things for which we’re each held accountable for on the Day of Judgment.
And Allah knows best. ^_^
[link] [comments]
from Islam https://ift.tt/iU0hwJH
Post A Comment:
0 comments so far,add yours