If you want a quick summary: I was asked to leave the masjid to make room for the kids class since I was the only one present in the masjid

For context:

I just walked through 2 blocks worth of construction sites in 94° miami heat because I wanted to get support from an Imam about a bad familial dispute.

And if nothing else, I wanted atleast the comfort of resting my mind in the peaceful house of God.

But when I arrived, I sat for awhile in the empty masjid, and was asked by a sister if I was waiting for someone. I told her I wanted to speak to the imam and she said he wasn't here but I could catch him tomorrow in jummah.

I was sat in a chair calming myself from the bad familial situation, when the sister came back and asked me to "please leave the masjid, there's no one else here and we're going to have school for the kids."

I said alright and left.

I'm aware that for practicality the masjid needs to be closed at night. But it's 3pm and I was told to leave because.....there wasnt enough people to justify keeping the salah space open?

The building has a whole classroom and space for the children activities they do, so I'm just shocked that they gently kicked me out because "There isn't anyone else here and we wanna do school for the kids"

Is that ok? Am I unreasonable to be upset by this?

submitted by /u/ThisChoice6144
[link] [comments]

from Islam https://ift.tt/NRVv1x0
Share To:

Unknown

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours