Hi everyone,

I come from a Turkish Alevi background, and recently, my uncle told me that the concept of "namaz" (prayer) as understood in Sunni Islam is not present in the Quran. He explained that the term "salat" in the Quran has been misinterpreted and should be understood as "prostration" (sajda) instead. This has left me quite confused about the correct way to perform prayers.

Additionally, as Alevis, we do not observe the Ramadan fast; instead, we fast during the month of Muharram and also observe fasts for the 12 Imams. These differences in practice add to my confusion about Islamic worship.

My uncle also explained the concept of reincarnation to me, which has further contributed to my thoughts on this topic. Can someone provide more insights or clarify these differences in interpretation and practice? How do other Alevis reconcile these differences, and what is the mainstream Islamic perspective on this?

submitted by /u/crojadio
[link] [comments]

from Islam https://www.reddit.com/r/islam/comments/1ehphuu/alevism_and_sünni_islam/
Share To:

Unknown

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours