Hi all,

I have a Muslim partner but I myself am a Christian woman. I know ultimately, we should not be together but we are in love.

However, there is one big thing that keeps us arguing and that is speaking to men: My partner is not fond of me speaking to men which I have agreed to - there is no point in making small talk with men. However, in the workplace it has come to the point if I tell my partner I have said hi to a man and he has said hi back we have an argument about how I do not respect him. Contextually, some of these men have been attracted to me in the past, but in order to keep it civil if they say hi to me I will say hi back. But other than that I ignore all men and don’t even look at them to ensure that they know I’m not interested in speaking to them. This has gotten to the point that if we’re in a shop and a male shopkeeper says hi and I say hi back, he will start an argument with me.

He says as I am not seeking advice from Muslims, all the advice I receive about this is inadequate as they don’t know the context nor religion - so do you think I am wrong in my actions?

Before I was with my partner I did not engage with free mixing nor had male friends anyway, but I think speaking to men in work purely professionally or saying good morning is not a big issue - or is it? Admittedly before I did used to be friendly in terms of making small talk and asking them how their day was but I wasn’t outwardly flirtatious, more so polite.

In terms of everything else we do agree on our future; that we’ll raise our kids Muslim, I will make the journey to revert to Islam and we get along on a more personal level.

This part is affecting our relationship so much that I dread going to work everyday - what is your advice for this?

submitted by /u/bunnybells125
[link] [comments]

from Islam https://ift.tt/VuN8GEy
Share To:

Unknown

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours