Please don't think I'm ignorant or oblivious. I am a nurse in an area with a large Muslim population, and quite often, I find myself caring for elderly Muslim patients who don't speak English and who don't respond to our interpreter services. Family isn't always available to translate or help the patient either, so I figured I would ask here for any advice or any cultural considerations you can offer to me. Things within reason, of course.

I do ensure that dietary services don't serve them pork, and I put signs up on my female patients' doors that male doctors, nurses, housekeepers, etc. should knock or talk to me before going into the room.

Is there anything else I can do to make these patients more respected and comfortable?

submitted by /u/poppurplepuff
[link] [comments]

from Islam https://ift.tt/pSDzkWC
Share To:

Unknown

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours