Salam.

I’m a 17 year old Muslim girl living in the UK. I was born into a semi-religious Muslim family, but didn’t really become strong in my faith until a couple of years ago. I come from a predominantly Muslim country (which I won’t bother naming) and for a long time was happy as I am.

However, there’s an issue. Despite there being many Muslims in my home country, there’s a lot of stigma around practicing Islam: wearing the hijab; not drinking alcohol; growing out your beard, etc. This is due to a number of historical reasons. But the main one, is that the people of my country were forcefully converted to Islam centuries ago (by Ottoman Turks). As a result, there are many Christians and Atheists in my country who dislike the Muslim side.

We’re branded as Turks/Arabs; betrayers of our ancestors; destroyers of our ethnicity, etc. I have been branded so many horrible terms by people of my country who dislike me for being Muslim. Though my own parents are Muslim, they dislike the headscarf and have made it very difficult for me to wear one. And sometimes, I can’t help but listen and feel guilty. That maybe I am betraying my ancestors, maybe I am a ruiner of my nation?

I know these are ridiculous thoughts, but thoughts and feelings are two different things.

I don’t know what to do or how to think.

submitted by /u/GHJ_098
[link] [comments]

from Islam https://ift.tt/8btuDLF
Share To:

Unknown

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours