As-salam 'Alaykum.

I became Muslim nearly two years ago, Alhamdulilah. But since then, I've been suffering from near-constant intrusive thoughts. It's often a cycle that never ends. It seems like there is always something that I have to worry about/obsess over, even if I know it's not rational. My thoughts often follow this pattern:

🧠: "How do you know Islam is true? What if Christianity/Judaism/Hinduism is true?"

*and then my 'iman improves and I stop thinking about this issue for a bit

🧠: "Ok, obviously Islam is true, but what if the Shi'a/Qadiyaniyyah are right in their beliefs?"

*and then I am able to overcome this issue

🧠: "Ok, obviously Islam is true and you don't follow an extreme deviant sect, but are you sure your sins will be forgiven?"

*and then I stop thinking about this issue for a bit

🧠: "Ok, obviously Allah forgives all sins, but how do you know Islam is true? What if Christianity/Judaism/Hinduism is true?"

And the cycle repeats and repeats.

It's exhausting. Rationally, I know Islam is true and that Allah forgives all sins. These thoughts are just constant regardless. I've tried many things: making tasbeeh, seeking refuge with Allah, making Du'a, reading the Qur'an, studying Aqeedah and other issues, making lists to reassure myself, but it's always just been temporary relief and never stopped this cycle. I need to be able to simply stop thinking. I would greatly appreciate any help.

May Allah reward you all.

submitted by /u/Normal-Selection-340
[link] [comments]

from Islam https://ift.tt/wOI9Qax
Share To:

Unknown

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours