I am a 16-year-old male, and I have female friends, mostly family friends. Although we don't talk frequently, we occasionally have lengthy conversations online. Recently, while watching a YouTube video, I came across a short clip stating that having friends of the opposite gender is considered haram. However, no specific hadith or Quranic evidence was provided to support this claim. Consequently, I searched numerous websites in an attempt to find clarity, but I encountered conflicting opinions. Some sources mentioned that it is permissible to have opposite-gender friends as long as connections are severed if romantic feelings develop and marriage is not intended. Others stated that it is entirely permissible, while some maintained that it is strictly forbidden (haram). Now, I am feeling confused and uncertain, and I am seeking clarification.

Could you guys please provide me with any related hadith and Quranic verses to help me understand this matter better?

submitted by /u/uguayspeaksfire
[link] [comments]

from Islam https://ift.tt/PCogvWE
Share To:

Unknown

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours