I was born a Muslim into a semi practicing family. I was never really around prayer or anything but my parents never drunk or did anything specifically haram. From the age of 15-20 may Allah forgive me I had no Islam. I wouldn’t pray, I would drink and engage in zina. I fell in love with a non Muslim girl who I stayed with for 3 years. We broke up last December. The heartache of it at first made me turn to haram - drinking, gambling, zina. But then I decided one day to try and pray. I started out praying a few times a day and stopped drinking stopped gambling stopped zina. During Ramadan I then started to go to taraweeah. I now Alhamdullilah pray 5 times a day, I read into the religion, I try to repent for my sins. I’m seeking marriage the halal way involving my parents with any girl I speak to. But my past acts tempt me - there are still girls who message me asking me to do inappropriate acts with them. I pray when I feel this urge to go through with it but I’m really struggling to continue resisting this temptation. I don’t know how best to fix this in myself as I’ve seen my Muslim brothers have no problems ignoring women. Please any advice would be appreciated jazakallah.

submitted by /u/throwra1477753
[link] [comments]

from Islam https://ift.tt/sH1Rx5c
Share To:

Unknown

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours