Assalamu alaikum,

I'm a Muslim revert. I was previously raised Catholic and struggled extensively with feelings of guilt related to original sin. I still struggle at times with this mindset although I feel liberated knowing Islam does not share this same belief in original sin.

I feel wonderful when I manage to pray salah, and better when it's on time. But if I miss a salah, suddenly I feel so guilty as though I've offended and angered God, and it becomes harder and harder to return to praying my salah. Days pass and the guilt just grows because I feel like I can't return to the mat.

Does anyone have any advice for me with this struggle? I just want to improve the quality and frequency of my salah, without feeling such deep shame and guilt for missing one that it stops me from praying altogether.

submitted by /u/OrchidMami
[link] [comments]

from Islam https://ift.tt/BfwZbgl
Share To:

Unknown

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours