I am not a Muslim but I am studying Islam and I am planning on reverting. I don’t eat food which I don’t know the ingredients. Basically I try to avoid restaurants which is hard because my parents don’t know about this. I told them I don’t want to eat pork and they listed and not they don’t cook pork for me. But since I got to school, when I get home they give me food that they cooked while I was away. Since I don’t know what ingredients they used, I tell them I’m not Hungry ( I am Hungry), and that I ate at school ( I didn’t). It’s gotten to the point that I have lost weight to the point where my family has started to notice. If a food is vegetarian/kosher I still don’t eat it because, I keep thinking about things like, What if the bread contains alcohol? What if this vegan patty contains Alcohol? What if the patty is the only thing that is vegan and the bread contains pork, or what if the lettuce and tomatoes were somehow washed with alcohol. So I just stopped eating food that I don’t know if it is halal or not. It’s not that hard I just need to call the company and ask them if their product is halal. If they don’t know then I don’t eat it. But store bought food isn’t a proper meal so I am still Hungry most days. When my parents ask if I want to go to a restaurant I say I’m not hungry( I am hungry)and that I don’t want to go. Home isn’t any better because when my parents cook food they put all sorts of ingredients which I don’t know if they are halal or not, and because of that I don’t eat at home very much. But recently I have heard that something that some Muslims follow is that non meat food is halal unless proven otherwise.I am GUESSING that they are saying something like, if I were to order a cheese pizza, I would be able to eat it unless the pizza place themselves say that the pizza contains pork. I don’t know if the Quran mentions this or not. But I don’t know what else to do, if the Quran says that food is halal until proven haram, then I would obey what. It says. But if the Quran doesn’t say it then or says that food is haram until proven halal, then I would also obey what it says. I just wanted to ask people who were muslims if the Quran says any of the two?

submitted by /u/ShotDamage2068
[link] [comments]

from Islam https://ift.tt/s0p5TaP
Share To:

Unknown

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours