Salam everybody, About a year ago I’ve had a friend who passed away one that I had a lot of love and respect for despite not being extremely close whenever it met up it felt like I was with my brother. He would do anything for me and the same back. He died out of no where from a sudden disease of leukemia that he died in two weeks after finding out. It was crazy and hit me hard because he finally moved to Canada and was extremely happy and content with his life more than before. I’ll say this honestly he wasn’t the best Muslim, I won’t speak further however I simply wanted to mention that for context. But he had many great things about him such as loyalty to his friends and he was brave. When he died he took the shahada and turned very close to god. Alhamdulilah he had time to repent. I’m afraid everyday I won’t get that luxury. His death hit me hard and I got over it after a week and accepted it and went to his janazah and met with his parents along with his other friends. He had only good things to say about me which is why he is probably one of the friends I trusted the most despite us not even being that close. He even was interested in Islam and knew many things about it. 2 days ago his mum sent us a message saying she had a dream that he was asking us to pray for him. I somewhat ignored it at first as I was very busy but today it hit me that If I can’t do something as small as spending some time to start praying again I am not even a man. I will be honest I am not a good Muslim. I don’t pray, eat pork (if I have no other choice, eg in Greece) , drink, smoke , zinah the only thing that ties me to Islam is my belief in it and that I watch videos about it, my atheist friend has even started to read the Quran. I need some advice on what I can do to help him. I will be honest I don’t think I can quit many of the things I mentioned I do earlier just yet, however I’m thinking of praying and going through the effort of finding halal meat again and stopping pork. Is there any other tweaks I can make? I want to focus on those as I think changing anything drastic won’t help me stay consistent long term

submitted by /u/yurrr26
[link] [comments]

from Islam https://ift.tt/cBK3vOe
Share To:

Unknown

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours