I am a revert to Islam this year,

And I met some guy from Pakistan online from a dating site who seemed to be nice and polite with me and my sister and he later became my husband we got to know each other and had our nikkah online by proxy I was happy at the time.

But as time went on I noticed a change in him and his personality has changed and I am not the only one that has noticed the change, some members of my family and friends have noticed it also.

It is not consummated as we are both in different countries. I am living in Australia and he lives in Pakistan.

He is now demanding that I change a lot of things in my life from dropping weight to changing my appearance and that this marriage is now my jail and I want to have my freedom, thus, he keeps making me stressed out to the point of not eating any food and I don't sleep well any more thanks to him.

He has also become demanding of my sister who has to act as a mediator due to the constant fighting and he makes it out that it was me who started them, but I have proof of him starting the fights via chat logs on WhatsApp screenshots. He even try to turn me away from my own family I stood firm and I will always choose my family over him any day of the week.

And he refuses to give me a divorce and he started to use emotional blackmail on me and threatened me that if I leave him that Allah will send me to hell if I don't stay married to him.

And I don't accept that type of treatment from anyone. as I have seen the signs of this before with past relationships.

And that he claims that my late father came to him in a dream and told him some things, I feel like it is another emotional blackmail to keep me, but I am getting fed up with his manipulations from him.

He even said he would get hit by a moving vehicle and die than divorce me and this made me even more stressed out than in previous fights, again this is another red flag for me.

I researched and learned that the wife could divorce her husband after she says I divorce you three times with a witness that can be male or female.

And also, that marriage by proxy/online is not recognised in Australian law, which I researched also.

He is from Pakistan and I am from Australia.

I am unhappy and I want to be set free as I am dying because I have no feelings of love and affection for him anymore.

But he is adamant that he wants to keep the marriage going, even if it is against my will for a legal marriage.

I just want to be free from him and this marriage and move on with my life.

Any advice is greatly appreciated as i am done with him, I deserve better than someone that makes me stressed out and sick all the time.

submitted by /u/KPopSnowWhite86
[link] [comments]

from Islam https://ift.tt/b9ioctX
Share To:

Unknown

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours