My father decided to start another family years ago despite not having the means to even take care of us, his first.

Eventually his relationship with my mother got worse and they divorced. Now he lives an hour away, alone.

I have a little sister who is 12 and he always tells me to basically parent her. Check her homework, go to her parents evening at school, take her shopping etc. I try and do what I can, but I'm often busy and tell him I'm not her parent, he is.

He always gets upset at me for this and makes me feel bad for pointing out his duties. I know its not easy for him since he doesn't live with us but he doesn't even try.

He also expects me to lift our family out of poverty and help his second family back home too one day. I hope I can do that one day inshallah, but he's constantly on my neck telling me to take more hours at work, less vacations, less spending on hobbies all because he's relying on me to solely lift us all up, and especially so he can retire off of my money.

He's not even old, he's middle aged and fully capable of working which he does, but it's very low paying work. I advise him to upskill himself to get a better job and do his part, but he always says he's too old to learn and its hard. He has a defeatist mentality

I'm getting frustrated. What do I do?

TLDR: My father is broke, and expects me to take over his responsibilities, without putting in much effort himself

submitted by /u/CattleSad245
[link] [comments]

from Islam https://ift.tt/v70sjS8
Share To:

Unknown

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours