Salam everyone.

There's a question that's been bugging me for a long time and every Muslim I have posed this to have failed to give me a satisfactory answer.

Allah is supposed to be all powerful and all knowing. If this is true, He knows what's going to happen to our future. He knows exactly what choice we will make, which sins we will commit or choose not to commit and whether we will end up in hell. If this is the case, what is the purpose of testing us? Why are we given "free will" to chose between right and wrong? Is it really free will if its already chosen for us?

If you say its free will, then surely what we choose to do is not within Allah's control? Which then means he is not all knowing?

I cannot get my head round this and I am open to hearing how the true believers here justify this. The two conditions are mutually exclusive. If Allah has truly given us free will and is testing us, then he does not know what we see going to do with it and therefore is not all knowing.

If he has not given us free will, then why test us? It's almost like he's watching a play that he's written and knows the ending to. Then what's the point of anything.

This has constantly been bugging me and is one of the many contradictions that has tested my faith for so long.

submitted by /u/theredditid
[link] [comments]

from Islam https://ift.tt/n5kymBL
Share To:

Unknown

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours