Assalamualaikum everyone, I’m in a bit of a predicament and I’m not sure what to do from here:

Long story short, my cousin that I’ve grown up with all my life that’s basically like a sister to me is getting married to a man that is unwilling to convert to Islam. Originally, her father forbade the family from going but now I’m hearing her mom is going and more of my cousins are going as well. My mom called me saying if I wanted to go, I can but now I’m very much debating it myself.

First off, is it haram to attend this wedding since the man is unwilling to convert? I heard there’s going to still be cultural things at the wedding itself but is actually going haram? Second, they’ve tried to get him to convert and he’s reached out to her parents but it wasn’t successful from what I’ve heard.

This puts me in this position: do I not go and feel bad because she is barely gonna have any family there? Or do I go so she has more close family there and she’s happy on her wedding day.

I appreciate any feedback that’s given, thanks.

submitted by /u/khal2201
[link] [comments]

from Islam https://ift.tt/7ukWorj
Share To:

Unknown

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours