Hi,
This is kind of a difficult one.
I was raised a Christian, here in the UK.
After several years of not attending church, I have begun to rediscover my faith in God. However, I am concerned that - while I do believe in God - Christianity is no longer persuasive. It does not answer my questions as it once did, and there are 'gaps' in its teachings that trouble me.
As a result I began to explore Islam. Much of this faith appeals to me. The role of Jesus makes more sense. The lack of a Trinity, and having just one God instead. There is more besides this, of course.

My concerns are practical in nature.

I am a white British man. My family are either all Christian, or 'culturally' Christian. I think they would be puzzled - even troubled - if I was to convert to Islam. My fiance, likewise, would not understand - and would be concerned that I was joining a faith that views women as being subservient to men.

I worry also about how I would 'fit in' within the Muslim community in my town. Most are Pakistani, Bangladeshi or Malaysian. Most do not speak English well. I feel like I would be an outsider, and not able to fit into that community.

Essentially, while I feel there is much that appeals to me about Islam and the salvation it offers, I worry that converting would leave me isolated and misunderstood in this life.

Has anyone here been through a similar struggle?

submitted by /u/Substantial-Oil2554
[link] [comments]

from Islam https://ift.tt/AvHK0yl
Share To:

Unknown

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours