hello everyone. thanks in advance to whoever decides to give advice in response to this post. i am an 18 year old female and i am considering converting from christianity to islam. but i have questions and i want to give backstory as well.

so November 2021 i lost my father to covid. he was a christian, a strong one, more pentecostal. i grew up christian going to church and i went to christian private schools and i considered myself a christian. i was not a strong christian and i had my doubts and i struggled with depression and social anxiety. i left early for college at age 17 because i graduated early. i decided to attend a large christian university because i liked their facilities and i was hoping to find friends with decent morals and hopefully a husband because men that want to be a proper husband are few and far between. so i ended up meeting a muslim guy my second semester being at this christian college. he was not really practicing when i met him, i did not even know he was muslim or that his parents were afghan until a few months after we met. i became very attached to him because he was there for me throughout my grief and i felt he cared for me.

a few months after my father passed he began to discuss islam with me. i still considered myself a christian but i researched because i love him and i wanted to make him happy. but i uncovered things i was uneasy about.

first aisha’s age at marriage. why was she 6 at marriage and 9 at consummation? it rubs me the wrong way.

second, muhammad’s marriage to his sons ex wife. when he sees her in her home and falls in love with her and his son divorced her for him so he could marry her.

third, why was killing done by muhammad and his followers. jesus did not harm anyone.

also, i am hesitant because he told me he wants a muslim girl even though he can be with another woman of the books according to islam. i feel he wants me to change to benefit him and make his family happy. also, my dad was christian. does that mean if christianity is not the correct religion, that he went to hell? also, my boyfriend had a traumatic childhood his father beat his mother and him and his siblings. i don’t want that to be my life and i am only concerned because he has yelled at me i think three times the last was the worst and he called me horrible names i don’t even want to say them. i blocked him after this but he reached out to me another way and apologized profusely and begged for me back and said it would never happen again.

please give me advice on what to do. and answers for my questions it would be so appreciated. thank you again.

submitted by /u/AdeptnessUnlikely981
[link] [comments]

from Islam https://ift.tt/L9PkRHF
Share To:

Unknown

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours