Context; I’m not a Muslim and I want to educate myself some more. I think I know a decent bit about Islam given that I study world religions in college (it’s my minor) and that I went to a majority-Muslim private school for high school (in the US).

But researching academic topics doesn’t give you the actual.. person. It teaches about Islam but not about what it’s like to be a Muslim, so to say. And while I value the friends and experiences I have from high school, it’s been a few years and I would like to know more, do better, or get a wider (more adult) view of Islam.

I’m not looking to convert to Islam, so I would rather not get responses like that. Rather, I am looking for things like, the reality of being a Muslim, ways I can be more compassionate to your struggles, random little facts about how you interact across sex (I know you can’t/aren’t suppose to shake hands with the opposite sex, but things like that), etc. Essentially just, what can I do, as a non-Muslim, to make you feel more comfortable, accepted, and understood in say a workplace or in public.

Thanks!

submitted by /u/Dependent-Raspberry9
[link] [comments]

from Islam https://ift.tt/3FRNqL0
Share To:

Unknown

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours