I just became a Muslim. Literally, like, 2 minutes ago I took my Shahada.

I knew I'd do it soon, as I've been feeling a strange urge to become one ever since I learned about Islam. I felt like I had to, like it was necessary, and I just wanted to. For no apparent reason.

I took it as an instinct and just decided to convert, and I already do know a thing or two or a lot because I've been randomly looking it up for no reason for a few weeks at 4 AM every night because I've been weirdly attracted.

On that note, I've looked up Salah ideas, and, well, a lot of it is really complicated. It seems like the most popular prayer styles are extremely difficult to master, and though I've recited and rehearsed, I just cannot seem to get the hang of it. It doesn't help that I have many, many mental issues and with that a lack of stability and a less-than-pristine memory.

I don't want to just not pray, even if it does seem like I became Islam on a whim; The feeling was so strong, it felt right. I want to be actively engaged and upholding the Five Pillars, but I need to do it in a more simple, beginner friendly way. It doesn't help that my Dad is against me becoming a Muslim in the first place (I have brought it up to him before due to my feeling).

Does anyone have any simple prayer ideas? Can I even do a simple prayer? Can I do something personal and homemade?

Thank you in advance for all comments!

submitted by /u/HeyLookItsAPerson
[link] [comments]

from Islam https://ift.tt/3JKYP2I
Share To:

Unknown

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours