I'm a 17M, the mosque is somewhat close to my house.

My parents do not let me go to the mosque due to their anxiety and fear of me meeting the wrong people (an event happened previously in my family which started with one family member going to the masjid). Even when I agreed to go only day prayers (Zhuhr and Asr) they said no. I tried to speak to them calmly and how a man must go to the mosque, but they still say no.

They said that I can go if either my dad or brother goes with me. My dad isn't Islamic at all and doesn't see a benefit in going to the mosque (I have told him all the things good with going to the mosque, he doesn't care). My brother just recovered from illness and is probably not going to the mosque with me. Also when my mum said that I should take my brother, he made a face and was basically saying "don't take me, just do it at home".

My dad is normally away from home anyway, so if my mother gives permission, I can go. I have little knowledge in my arsenal, but the knowledge I have given has led to no change. My parents are too stuck up in their ways and haven't changed their minds. I speak calmly and respectfully, with no change.

Please brothers and sisters, give me advice

submitted by /u/StupidMuslimTeen
[link] [comments]

from Islam https://ift.tt/3pITvVf
Share To:

Unknown

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours