Just want to share a few tidbits of amazing descriptions or examples from and about Allah (swt)!

-----

"Say, 'He is Allah, [who is] One, Allah, the Eternal Refuge. He neither begets nor is born, Nor is there to Him any equivalent.'" [112:1-4]

-----

"Allah - there is no deity except Him, the Ever-Living, the Self-Sustaining. Neither drowsiness overtakes Him nor sleep. To Him belongs whatever is in the heavens and whatever is on the earth. Who is it that can intercede with Him except by His permission? He knows what is [presently] before them and what will be after them, and they encompass not a thing of His knowledge except for what He wills. His Kursī extends over the heavens and the earth, and their preservation tires Him not. And He is the Most High, the Most Great." [2:255]

-----

"Allah is the Light of the heavens and the earth. The example of His light is like a niche within which is a lamp; the lamp is within glass, the glass as if it were a pearly [white] star lit from [the oil of] a blessed olive tree, neither of the east nor of the west, whose oil would almost glow even if untouched by fire. Light upon light. Allah guides to His light whom He wills. And Allah presents examples for the people, and Allah is Knowing of all things." [24:35].

-----

On the authority of Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him), who said that the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said:

When Allah decreed the Creation He pledged Himself by writing in His book which is laid down with Him: My mercy prevails over my wrath.

-----

On the authority of Abu Dharr al-Ghifari (may Allah be pleased with him) from the Prophet (ﷺ) is that among the sayings he relates from his Lord (may He be glorified) is that He said:

"O My servants, I have forbidden oppression for Myself and have made it forbidden amongst you, so do not oppress one another. O My servants, all of you are astray except for those I have guided, so seek guidance of Me and I shall guide you. O My servants, all of you are hungry except for those I have fed, so seek food of Me and I shall feed you. O My servants, all of you are naked except for those I have clothed, so seek clothing of Me and I shall clothe you. O My servants, you sin by night and by day, and I forgive all sins, so seek forgiveness of Me and I shall forgive you. O My servants, you will not attain harming Me so as to harm Me, and will not attain benefitting Me so as to benefit Me. O My servants, were the first of you and the last of you, the human of you and the jinn of you to be as pious as the most pious heart of any one man of you, that would not increase My kingdom in anything. O My servants, were the first of you and the last of you, the human of you and the jinn of you to be as wicked as the most wicked heart of any one man of you, that would not decrease My kingdom in anything. O My servants, were the first of you and the last of you, the human of you and the jinn of you to rise up in one place and make a request of Me, and were I to give everyone what he requested, that would not decrease what I have, any more than a needle decreases the sea if dipped into it. O My servants, it is but your deeds that I reckon up for you and then recompense you for, so let him who finds good, praise Allah, and let him who finds other than that, blame no one but himself."

-----

It was related by Muslim (also by at-Tirmidhi and Ibn Majah). Narrated by Muslim in his Saheeh (187) from ‘Abdullah ibn Mas‘ood (RadiyAllahu Anhu), according to which the Messenger of Allah (SallAllahu Alaihi Wa Sallam) said:

“The last one to enter Paradise will be a man who will walk once, stumble once and be burned by the Fire once. When he gets past it, he will turn to it and say, ‘Blessed be the One Who has saved me from you. Allah has given me something that He has not given to the first and the last.’

A tree will be raised up for him, and he will say, ‘O Lord, bring me closer to this tree so that I might shelter in its shade and drink of its water.’ Allah, may He be glorified and exalted, will say: “O son of Adam, perhaps if I give you that, you will ask Me for something else.” He will say, ‘No, O Lord,’ and he will promise that he will not ask Him for anything else, and his Lord will excuse him because he has seen something that he cannot help wanting. So he will be brought near to it and he will shelter in its shade and drink of its water.

Then another tree will be raised up for him that is more beautiful than the first, and he will say: ‘O Lord, bring me closer to this tree so that I might drink of its water and shelter in its shade, and I will not ask You for anything else.’ He will say: “O son of Adam, did you not promise Me that you would not ask Me for anything else?” He will say: “Perhaps if I bring you near to it, you will ask Me for something else.” He will promise that he will not ask Him for anything else, and his Lord will excuse him because he has seen something that he cannot help wanting. So he will be brought near to it and he will shelter in its shade and drink of its water.

Then another tree will be raised up for him at the gate of Paradise that is more beautiful than the first two, and he will say: ‘O Lord, bring me closer to this tree so that I might shelter in its shade and drink of its water, and I will not ask You for anything else.’ He will say: “O son of Adam, did you not promise Me that you would not ask Me for anything else?” he will say, ‘No, O Lord, I will not ask You for anything else.’ His Lord will excuse him because he has seen something that he cannot help wanting.

He will be brought close to it, and when he draws close to it, he will hear the voices of the people of Paradise and will say, ‘O Lord, admit me therein.’ He will say: “O son of Adam, what will make you stop asking? Will it please you if I give you the world and as much again?” He will say: ‘O Lord, are You making fun of me when You are the Lord of the Worlds?’”

Ibn Mas’ood [the narrator] smiled and said: ‘Why don’t you ask me why I am smiling?’

They said: ‘Why are you smiling?’

He said: ‘This is how the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) smiled and they said: 'Why are you smiling, O Messenger of Allah?' He said: “Because the Lord of the Worlds will smile when he says, ‘are You making fun of me when You are the Lord of the Worlds?’ and He will say:

“I am not making fun of you, but I am able to do whatever I will."

In another narration, it was mentioned that Allah asked him if it would suffice for him if he had the equivalent of 10 worlds, and in either case, this grand reward is why this last person who just left Hell thought that God was making fun of him, when He is the Lord of the Worlds. Rather, Allah smiles because of how this person cannot even believe that He is serious and how much He can give to him exactly because He is the Lord of the Worlds and wants to do so for him, to make him happy. Allah actually smiles at this person for this and says that He is able to do whatever He wills! This is the love of Allah to the person in the absolute lowest rank of Paradise, the one who was saved from Hell already entirely by the leave and Mercy of Allah. And therein in Paradise, whatever one might continue to ask for is granted to him, and more than that.

submitted by /u/Saib17
[link] [comments]

from Islam https://ift.tt/3FSbkr8
Share To:

Unknown

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours