Assalaam Alaykum!

The reason, well, true reason, why I want to convert to Islam is because I have this family friend who is mentally ill with Schizoaffective Disorder and all he wants to talk about is how great and loving Allah SWT is and how amazing Islam is. That it keeps him steady with his illness besides his medications. I love hearing stuff and stories. And all he wants to talk about is Islam and Allah SWT. That he talks about Allah SWT until the cows come home and all these rules and regulations and etc. He follows commands very well so I see that Islam keeps him steady.

Now, I have heard that some Muslims are biased with mental illness? Is that true? Forgive me if I am wrong but I want to make sure that my friend is OK. All he talks about is Islam and Allah SWT all day and all these "hadiths" and "sunnahs" and I am mystified at how Islam has kept him on track with his mental illness. He keeps telling me how "Islam is all that I have". But, I feel that he feels rejected for having a mental illness that makes him do stupid, grandeur type stuff. Like, how he can see aliens and such but always goes back to Islam and it seems to calm him down and make him "humble" and I'd rather hear about Islam from him than his Bipolar episodes. He sees a therapist on a regular basis and is generally a nice guy that wants to talk about how amazing and great Allah SWT is and how amazing Islam is. Since he has converted to Islam 5 or so years ago, he hasn't been to the psychiatric ward.

So, I just want to make sure that he is OK in this Ummah even though he is rarely understood because of his mental illness.

Peace!

submitted by /u/UnderstandingOld889
[link] [comments]

from Islam https://ift.tt/3EXXIdr
Share To:

Unknown

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours