السلام عليكم
I'm writing this following an incident that occured in my local mousqe during Isha prayers. I usually bring my 1 year old daughter along, she is currently my only child and try to bring her for Maghrib and Esha so that she can be accustomed to prayers and listening to the Qur'an as well as letting her explore new surroundings (alhamdullilah mother prays at home too so she witnesses that as well).
Despite being one years old, she listens and understands what we parents say, during any prayer in the mousqe she does not run around, shout aloud, or join other kids in playing during jamaat. Alhamdullilah she stands by my side and does the sujood with us.
Today however, there was another boy who was doing the usual child antics, and while my daughter was next to me in jamaat, he pulled her away and hit her 4 to 5 times on the face. She started crying and sat next to me for the remainder of the prayer.
Once the salat finished, I went to the father and said my salam, I then told him that your child hit my daughter in the face and this is not appropriate, please explain to him.
The father got annoyed and said "what shall I do, he is only 2 years old, maybe you should not bring your daughter here"??!!
The rest of the people in the mousqe saw the exchange and started telling me to move away and that kids are just kids etc unfortunately siding with him.
My point is, no matter how young they are, we parents need to take ownership of what is wrong whether or not it's our child or another. The lesson that young boy will take away is that my father will take my side even if I do something wrong. The boy clearly had some exposure to violence as apart from hitting my child, he was punching the carpets etc.
Am I overreacting? Please let me know if I am.
[link] [comments]
from Islam https://ift.tt/3tLGJWM
Post A Comment:
0 comments so far,add yours