Hi everyone! I am an American christian, but I have become convicted from my own scriptures (1 corinthians 11, 1 Timothy 2, etc) and from the influence of my hijabi friends to start veiling and following the way of way of modesty in Islam (cover from head to toe, only showing feet and hands).
Side note: the peace and relief I feel going out in public without being sexualized has seriously made me consider reverting because I see so much logic and beauty in the way of Islam, but that’s a different convo, lol)
However, this means I often get mistaken as a Muslim in public amongst strangers, not to say the least by other Muslims! For example, I was veiled at the grocery store and a hijabi saw me and said something in Arabic that I didn’t understand so I just softly said “Salam!” at her back, then she told me she loved my dress and I said “thank you! you’re beautiful” and then we moved on. Was that an ok thing to say? Should I make it clear in these types of situations that I’m not Muslim? I just want to be respectful and not cross any cultural/religious appropriation lines. Any advice here?
[link] [comments]
from Islam https://ift.tt/2VLdZkh
Post A Comment:
0 comments so far,add yours