As'salamualaiikuum.

I was hoping someone familiar with style types or cuts of Shalwar Kamees can give me some insight to what I may be seeking as to the style and fit.

So in short I like thobes and shalwar kamees and alternate between the two. I like the length of thobes, but do not like the fit. If I can't do the splits I tend to not wear it. I like kameeses because of the looseness, but dislike the fit as the tunic usually goes right at or above the kneecap. I have two kameeses that I absolutely love. They're loose and the tunic goes below the kneecap, sort of at the midpoint of the shin. This is what I want. Basically, I want a longer tunic in a Shalwar kamees and it to flare somewhat. Coincidentally, I have seen some women wear this cut and some men. Imagine a triangle sitting on top a rectangle. This is the basic shape I am describing, like a rudimentary child's tree. ∆ + []

Imagine Chinese traditional clothing , but shorter or a thobe with slits up the side like a kamees. I have done this to my thobe before, but it isn't the same cut and fit as my kamees.

Is there a style or name associated with what I am describing? (I.e. a kamees with that is flared like a thobe, but end at the shin? No patterns of textures.

Wow, I'm glad I caught the typo in my title. It would have been Shawarma kamees. Tasty, but not at all practical...

submitted by /u/colonelmaize
[link] [comments]

from Islam https://ift.tt/2UY8uhK
Share To:

Unknown

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours