Around 6 weeks ago i bought a Cat for my family home.

I, my sister (the younger one) and my mother are permanent residents of this home. My brother and (eldest) sister spend the majority of their time elsewhere in other living arrangements.

I had asked my mother if it was permissible for me to bring a cat into the house and she responded "Yes, however let me ask your (eldest) sister first as she is not too fond".

Now, my eldest sister bought our first cat in around 2005 ish from her teacher. At that point in life she had no real qualms with the animals and showed no...fear towards them. It may have been possible that in the years after however, she had some sort of fear towards them.

Now primarily I did make a fault, I knew that my sister would not want a cat in the house (where she is not a permanent resident, she only visits for Eid and the Long holidays). As I knew this, and knew that my mother was ok with it, pending my sisters 'approval' I abought the cat to the home, I know this is bad, I know I was incorrect and should have waited. I have explained this to my mother and asked for her forgiveness in the matter, and gods forgiveness.

Once my sister heard of this news she immediately sent angry messages to myself and my brother (whom had come to pick up the cat with me) and said that she would never talk to us again and that we had made her feel as though she was insignificant.
My mother is not unhappy with me bringing the cat, more so that her daughter (eldest) is now too 'scared' to come home.

As a compromise I have explained to my sister that of course, when she visits, the cat can be kept in rooms that she does not enter (Mine and my other brothers). She has given an excuse that she does not care as its the 'fact that its still in the house....' Now to the best of my knowledge cats cannot jump through walls. Also, does this mean that she is scared of the cats that are out on the street? They are also behind locked doors?

The main reason for posting this is because I would like some help with the situation. My mother is very upset with myself and my brother and now sister (younger) as we take care of the cat. She will often say to us that we "care more about the cat than we do about her" and that in the future she will not be able to live with her sons as they "prioritised a cat over her" I want to make CLEAR that my mother has no problem with the cat in the home, just a problem that it means my sister cannot come back, even though a FAIR, NORMAL and GOOD compromise was given that would not effect her life.
I am wondering why exactly my mother is being unfair and not appreciating that this cat gives me happiness, alhamdullilah he has helped me out of a dark place and allowed me to enjoy my life again. My sister (older than me but younger than the eldest) also loves this cat along with my brother, he makes us happy and smile. My question is, is my mother being completely unfair by disregarding our feelings and opinions? My other sister only visits and so this would not really effect her life. I have tried on numerous occasions to talk to my mother but she simply will not listen.

Can anybody offer any help on the possible unfairness being output? 3 people want the cat, 1 is impartial and 1 does not. The 1 that does not is not a permanent resident of this house, however, i have catered to their needs and said that the cat would stay in my room when they are here.

Jzk brothers and sisters.

submitted by /u/sshabbir15
[link] [comments]

from Islam https://ift.tt/3jG1kZh
Share To:

Unknown

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours