First of all : Ramadan mubarak everyone!
Now to my question : is organ donation haram? According to my dad, mainly, and apparently it's also what people believe where I live : we can only donate organs that don't require our death. So donating blood or one kidney would be okay, but donating my heart would be a big no no. I have seen the opposite on the internet, where donating my organs is highly encouraged by Islam.
Now the logic behind the haram side is that my body isn't really mine, it's all Allah's. So who am I to decide what to do with it after death. Plus a muslim should be buried asap. These are the main arguments I think.
Now I would say that since my body isn't mine, who even am I to decide that my organs should be buried with me rather than potentially save a life? It's not like I can do anything with them after I'm dead, so I really don't see why that would be a problem. The only thing that kind of makes sense to me is the fact that if I donate my organs, well it might take some time to bury me.
I'm really confused and would like to do a last good action before I go, so if anyone here knows better on the subject I will be happy to hear your thoughts!
(And while I'm at it if it's not fajr yet drink some water, don't mess with hydration)
[link] [comments]
from Islam https://ift.tt/3uM4hK4
Post A Comment:
0 comments so far,add yours