Alright, what is the most grammatically literal and lexically literal translation of the Quran?

I don't need two paragraphs of interjections placed inside the text by the House of Saud """""""""'''explaining"""""""" an ʾāyat in a way that is neither intuitive nor sourced. I also don't need someone trying to massage the Arabic into English grammar or replacing Arabic words that have no English equivalent with an English word.

If "mercy" in Arabic means "taking care of someone completely, like a baby being taken care of totally by a mother in its womb", please bring on the asterisks or square brackets or just untranslated Arabic that I can look up.

If r-raḥmāni r-raḥīmi means "the merciful, the compassionate", that's what I want to read. Not "the most merciful, the most compassionate". An explanation of the choice of particular words for translation is great.

If there are any translations that meet the above criteria and mention relevant aHadith and the divergent ways an ayat has been interpreted (and by whom), that would be even better.

Please and thank you.

For full transparency I am reading about Islam and have not converted. I really am grateful for anyone who takes the time to help me.

submitted by /u/HugeLegendaryTurtle
[link] [comments]

from Islam https://ift.tt/2PEkFNr
Share To:

Unknown

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours