https://www.reddit.com/r/islam/comments/komed2/anxietypanic_attacks_when_praying/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf Original post.
So today, after weeks, I went to the Friday prayer. I had no doubts in my mind that today would be the day that I started going to the mosque on Fridays again.
Initially, while I was sitting waiting for the iqamah, I started feeling the anxiety starting to crop up. I felt like I would have a heart attack or aneurysm any second. I felt some weird sensations as well. I steeled myself so I wouldn’t make a scene, which was hard because I literally felt like I was about to die.
But when we started praying, it was like everything went away. Breathing felt easier, I felt calmer, I was also okay with the hypothetical idea of dying while praying. I can’t stress enough just how calm I was after the first rakat. I feel like my anxiety has been stripped away from me almost. I am now certain that it was a test from Allah. My body, my chest, everything just feels so good.
I want to thank everyone that reassured me on the original post. I hope thing turn around from here, so I pray freely without worrying about whether I’ll die.
[link] [comments]
from Islam https://ift.tt/3imXAJB
Post A Comment:
0 comments so far,add yours