I live in India at the moment.

After months of mosques being shut down, the state government allowed it to be opened again.

But our Muslim brethren here, God bless them, are kinda dense. The government has mandated a mask to be worn at all times but these guys don't care.

They almost have an attitude of "It is haraam to wear a mask, you should trust Allah".

So they come to the mosque wearing masks because there's a policeman outside who checks. But once inside, they remove it and sit and pray close together with no social distancing in an AC room.

It's a straight up recipe for disaster and I have old members in my house and simply can't risk catching COVID and bringing it home.

But do I feel guilty? Yes, I do. I would have loved to attend jumma at least but that's when the crowds are the max.

If only people behaved a little more responsibly, I could have gone. My brother in the US attends mosque and they practice social distancing and wear masks at all times.

The government here too doesn't want to make stricter rules for mosques because Hindu temples don't carry a similar risk (no jamaat system, and people come and go in a line) and mandating stricter rules for mosques will result in people calling them bigoted.

So it's like a vicious cycle but I have made a choice.

Am I right in my decisions?

submitted by /u/FresnoMac
[link] [comments]

from Islam https://ift.tt/37E8ntP
Share To:

Unknown

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours