Good morning all. I hope you're doing well!

So, my friend is muslim and we cook for each other pretty frequently and we try to share our individual cultures through this. Im Italian and I've been finding it pretty difficult not using alcohol or pork since it's pretty much in everything. I understand that this isnt negotiable, but I was confused about the use of red wine vinegar.

I make my own vinegar from red wine. He said that he's not allowed to eat this because it's from red wine which makes sense, but the alcohol has since converted, so I wanted to check in further.

From what I've been reading some denominations of Islam allow the use of vinegar and some don't? And that only vinegar formed accidentally can be used.

That's the part I don't really understand. How to you accidentally form vinegar as a Muslim? It's not like a Muslim household would have wine to begin with, so how would one make vinegar like that?

I think I rambled a lot on this, but I was hoping someone could help explain this since I don't want to be that guy that keeps asking the same question to my friend lol

submitted by /u/omelettealformaggio
[link] [comments]

from Islam https://ift.tt/33L0bXR
Share To:

Unknown

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours