I've been a Muslim my whole life (Alhamdulillah), and I have never been one to force religion or force my views on anyone. I won't pretend like I am perfect or I am very knowledgeable, but I do as much as possible to keep my faith.

 

Recently a friend of mine who I believed to be Muslim (her words not mine), told me she is starting to believe that she is possibly agnostic or even borderline atheist. Her parents never raised her to be Muslim (although her grandparents were) or taught her much about religion other than to pray to God and good will come her way. However, she says shes losing her belief in God because she has prayed before, especially when she was in deep depression, but "nothing good" came her way and she said "it's made matters worse". She also told me that she doesn't believe that with all the sins she has committed that she would be forgiven and she is guaranteed hell. I told her that is not necessarily true, but I was hesitant to say more as I do not feel too knowledgeable and would be afraid of passing on incorrect information.

 

How can I approach this situation next time it is brought up, just to be better educated and pass along correct information? Also to clarify, I do not wanna force religion on her or force my views on her at all, I'd prefer if she made her own decision based on the information I'd provide her.

submitted by /u/Lime_New
[link] [comments]

from Islam https://ift.tt/36zz2sy
Share To:

Unknown

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours