First I am not personally or culturally very familiar with islam. I just saw an odd ad and it brought me to question a topic I know very little about.

the ad: pizza hut showing that they have a 'beyond' meat pizza and a person claiming that they are so happy because it is halal and they can finally order from a major chain like pizza hut.

question: is halal food a completely prescriptive command (ie just follow the rules) or is there a deeper religious context that isn't really apparent to outsiders?

why do I have this question: beyond meat makes a pork sausage and while there is no pork in the meat its made directly to imitate pork. would this actually be considered halal.

apologies if I have offered offense in any way I am just trying to understand what halal means and whether or not its purely a 'just follow the rule' thing or if there are deeper meanings here

submitted by /u/cleverchris
[link] [comments]

from Islam https://ift.tt/3fLw72P
Share To:

Unknown

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours